Module 02 – course title:
Sharpening Gracey Curettes
Video courseware combined with practical execution and product usage to explain and demonstrate proper techniques. In Sharpening gracey Curettes, Hygienists realize less pain and injury comes from properly using their instruments.
- Articulate, understand, and draw the shape of a Gracey curette in cross section.
- Identify an improperly sharpened Gracey curette
- When assessing a Gracey curette be able to assess and understand how it has been improperly sharpened
- Demonstrate and be competent at correcting an improperly sharpened Gracey curette
- Articulate why it is important to use a sharp instrument
- Articulate the cause and effect of using dull and improperly sharpened instruments
- Demonstrate how to sharpen a Gracey curette to maintain its original design by using DH Cubed’s approach
- Directly apply the principles learned in this module to real life work experiences.
1. 13/14 Gracey Curette ( We will be using the Hertzell and Hu-Freidy 13/14 Gracey for demonstration)
2. Sharpening stone
3. Sharpening test stick
5. Good lighting, gloves, mask, lab coat, 2×2 gauze
6. A DH Cubed OneTen device
Click on a lesson below to start or continue this module.